Carbon Accounting in 2022 and Beyond; COP26, SEC, and More
Climate change is one of the most pressing issues of our time. Keeping up with all the new industry terms, standards, and regulations can be challenging. But without this knowledge, tracking your organization’s progress and performance is near impossible. Carbon accounting can provide your organization with many financial benefits, as long as key components are considered.
On WatchWire’s webinar, “Carbon Accounting In 2022 And Beyond; COP26, SEC, and More”, we dove into the financial impacts of carbon accounting, how to properly track your scope 1, 2, and 3 emissions, and explored relevant topics discussed at COP26 and what they could mean for your organization.
What we learned in this webinar:
- All about carbon accounting and how to track your emissions properly
- Understanding Scope 1, 2, and 3 emissions, emissions factors, and applicability to sustainability reporting frameworks
- What’s the difference between Scope 2 location and market based, and why does it matter?
- What to consider in the future for data coverage, data accuracy, and data assurance
- How WatchWire can support your carbon accounting journey