Views from COP26 – Exploring Women, Gender, and Youths in Climate Change Solutions
On Tuesday, December 14th, WatchWire presented our webinar, “Views from COP26 – Exploring Women, Gender, and Youths in Climate Change Solutions”. We had guest speaker Peg Spitzer, professor at Stony Brook University and member of the Women & Gender Constituency of the UNFCCC, share her findings from being on the field at COP26. She also exploreed all of the different ways women and youths are participating in climate change solutions around the world.
What we explored in this event:
- The intersection between climate change and women & gender inequalities
- What it is like to be at an event like COP26
- How women and youths are playing an important role in the identification of climate change solutions
- The 9 different stakeholder groups of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) and their goals
- The role that women and youth can play in addressing/mitigating climate change