In a recent blog post, we discussed what a B Corp is. To recap, when a business is B Corp certified, it means that it is meeting high standards of performance, accountability, and transparency on social and environmental issues. Now, in this article, we’re diving into 5 main benefits of becoming a certified B Corp.
This is the second article in a four-part series. Stay tuned for more articles on how to get B Corp certified and how WatchWire can help.
5 Benefits to Becoming B Corp Certified
- Becoming a B Corp makes you recognizable to the public as a company that is committed to balancing profit with a social and/or environmental purpose. This is particularly important today, as recent studies have shown CEOs are under great pressure to act on sustainability.
- Getting a B Corp certification helps your company build trust with consumers, communities, suppliers, and investors. This is vital for companies and brands looking to remain competitive in today’s markets, as consumers are increasingly willing to switch over to/pay more for sustainable products and 40% of investors say they “think about or research” ESG factors before making investment decisions.
- B Corps can better attract and retain employees, as people feel proud to work for socially and environmentally responsible businesses.
- Because they are required to undergo the verification process every three years to recertify, B Corps are focused on continuous improvement. This supports their long-term resiliency and makes them a sounder investment option.
- Becoming B Corp certified opens the doors to reporting to other sustainability frameworks, since you must collect data and information about your sustainability performance in order to get the certification.
Connect With WatchWire
Follow us on LinkedIn, Instagram, or Twitter to get the latest energy and sustainability insights, news, and resources.