1. Data First, it is important to understand that data lacking a follow-up with action is useless. Yes, the act of simply collecting data and consistently measuring your footprint has been shown by the EPA to lead to a 2.4%…Read full post
5 Benefits to Becoming a B Corp
In a recent blog post, we discussed what a B Corp is. To recap, when a business is B Corp certified, it means that it is meeting high standards of performance, accountability, and transparency on social and environmental issues. Now, in this article, we’re diving into 5 main benefits of becoming a certified B Corp.
This is the second article in a four-part series. Stay tuned for more articles on how to get B Corp certified and how WatchWire can help.
5 Benefits to Becoming B Corp Certified
- Becoming a B Corp makes you recognizable to the public as a company that is committed to balancing profit with a social and/or environmental purpose. This is particularly important today, as recent studies have shown CEOs are under great pressure to act on sustainability.
- Getting a B Corp certification helps your company build trust with consumers, communities, suppliers, and investors. This is vital for companies and brands looking to remain competitive in today’s markets, as consumers are increasingly willing to switch over to/pay more for sustainable products and 40% of investors say they “think about or research” ESG factors before making investment decisions.
- B Corps can better attract and retain employees, as people feel proud to work for socially and environmentally responsible businesses.
- Because they are required to undergo the verification process every three years to recertify, B Corps are focused on continuous improvement. This supports their long-term resiliency and makes them a sounder investment option.
- Becoming B Corp certified opens the doors to reporting to other sustainability frameworks, since you must collect data and information about your sustainability performance in order to get the certification.
Connect With WatchWire
Common worries and challenges surrounding sustainability for commercial real estate firms include the upfront costs of efficiency projects and renewable power, split incentives where property owners are responsible for upgrades but do not reap the benefits of lower energy bills,…Read full post
WatchWire dashboards are well regarded as flexible, customizable, and graphical top level views of a client's most important KPIs and actionable insights. WatchWire allows users to select multiple dashboard widgets to personalize their home screen module, as well as the…Read full post
Consult our experts on how WatchWire can help with your specific needs. Request a personalized demo today.Request a Demo