Customer Success Manager
WatchWire is an entrepreneurial, private equity-backed New York City-based provider of sustainability and energy management software-as-a-service and associated professional services to large commercial and corporate real estate, retail portfolios, industrial energy consumers, municipalities, educational institutions, utilities, and more. By combining various streams of utility, weather, commodity market, metering, and building data in our integrated sustainability and energy management platform, we provide data-driven services and insights that help clients track and meet their ambitious sustainability goals, while also saving them time and money, reducing risks, and identifying cost saving opportunities.
Our clients, from small and medium enterprises to multi-national Fortune 500 companies to the largest regulated utilities in the world, range from mature sustainability veterans representing GRESB sector leaders, ENERGY STAR Partners of the Year, and progressive thought leaders, to companies just starting the sustainability journey with their first voluntary report(s), as well as clients simply interested in optimizing their utility bill management and reporting practices. Regardless of the ultimate end-use case(s), timely, accurate, and complete data is paramount to energy and sustainability management and reporting.
Customer acquisition is just the first step of the journey – end-user utilization and engagement are critical to our success in order to renew, retain, and grow client relationships. We are looking for a Customer Success Manager to implement best practices for onboarding, training, adoption, user tracking, engagement, re-engagement, feedback, and opportunity identification to deliver value for our clients and ensure customer success.
What you’ll do:
- Lead customers through the implementation of our software, tracking against optimal timelines and helping navigate any roadblocks
- Serve as a trusted advisor, advocating for client needs to Product, Engineering, Sales, and Executive teams
- Ensure adoption of our software by actively engaging with customers and communicating our vision and roadmap
- Help optimize our customer journey, improving internal workflows and external customer experience
- Identify upsell opportunities and manage the renewal process
- Monitor and report on customer health and KPIs
- Be an expert on system functions and features; you should be able to identify a customer challenge and how our technology can help solve that problem
- Update CRM with accuracy and attention to detail
- Turn clients into advocates
- Assist the Executive team as needed
Who you are:
- Industry knowledge – you know the different responsibilities carried by our end users, such as sustainability, engineering, property management, asset management, operations, etc.
- Strategic Relationship Management – you have a pulse on customer needs and can set expectations on delivery and next steps
- Excellent Project Management and problem-solving skills
- Patient, empathetic and able to quickly build rapport with customers
- Excellent interpersonal skills for phone discussions, emails, video conferences and site visits
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Fluent in English
- Eligible to work in the US full-time
- Preference given to those with:
- Energy market, utility invoice, and/or sustainability management knowledge – you understand LMPs, capacity market structures, tariff rates, ENERGY STAR, GRESB, LEED, etc.
- Experience using Confluence, Jira, ChurnZero, GuideCX, Salesforce, Zoom, Slack
- 100% remote work, or hybrid if you prefer
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- 401(k) and company contribution
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Health insurance, with company contribution
Send the following to email@example.com:
- Explanation of why you’d be a good fit for our company