Steps to getting started with ESG reporting: Establish a Solid ESG Strategy The easiest way to get started with ESG reporting is to establish an ESG strategy. A good ESG strategy typically follows these general principles and steps: Step 1:…Read full post
5 Benefits of Creating a CSR Report for Your Organization
In a recent article, we explored what a corporate social responsibility (CSR) report is and how to create one for your company/organization. To recap, corporate social responsibility is the idea that a business has a duty to the society and environment in which it operates. A CSR report is an internal and external-facing document that communicates your company’s CSR efforts and their impact on the environment and community.
So, why should your company create a CSR report? In this article, we explore 5 benefits of creating a CSR report.
The Benefits of Creating a CSR Report
While CSR reports are not yet mandatory in the U.S. (they are mandatory in some countries, though), your company should still create one annually, as there are some major benefits:
- A CSR report enables your organization to communicate its social and sustainability efforts to employees, customers, community members, and investors. This fosters trust, transparency, and improved reputation.
- If your company has been successful in its CSR efforts, the CSR report becomes a valuable public relations and marketing asset.
- Publishing a CSR report holds your company accountable to its sustainability efforts and helps prevent greenwashing.
- The efficiency projects needed to make your company more sustainable will help reduce energy use and lead to lower energy bills.
- Publishing an annual CSR report allows your company to benchmark its progress year after year and see what tactics are working and what areas still need to be improved upon.
How WatchWire Can Help You Create a CSR Report
If you decide to create a CSR report for you company, you will need to have all your energy and sustainability data collected and in one place. This includes energy, emissions, and waste data.
WatchWire is a comprehensive energy and sustainability management platform that gathers, tracks, verifies, and measures your energy and emissions data, all in one place. In addition, WatchWire is fully integrated with multiple sustainability frameworks like the Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB), the Global Real Estate Sustainability Benchmark (GRESB), ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager, the Task Force on Climate-Related Financial Disclosures (TCFD), and more.
WatchWire can also help you with assembling your CSR and sustainability reports. To learn more about WatchWire, you can visit our website, blog, resource library, or request a demo.
The latest EPA eGRID emissions factors, eGRID 2021 released 1/30/23, show NYC and Westchester’s electric grid’s (subregion NYCW) CO2 emission rate (lbs/MWh) increased 29% year-over-year. The US average is up 4% vs. eGRID 2020, with 7 regions down, 2 essentially…Read full post
The role of sustainability in business has seen a rapid transition from a "nice-to-have" to an absolute imperative. A lot has happened in the last 10 months, 10 days, and even 10 minutes when it comes to sustainability progress. The…Read full post
Consult our experts on how WatchWire can help with your specific needs. Request a personalized demo today.Request a Demo